Are you ready to Bike Party, Norfolk? Show up at the Hague footbridge, corner of Botetourt St and Mowbray Arch, near The Chrysler Museum. We’re meeting on Friday July 5 at 6:30 for a sweet summertime celebration of biking.
In addition to your bike, we’re encouraging everyone to have a little fun with costumes, gear, and bike swag. This month’s theme: Biking is for Lovers. Deck out your bike with hearts, flowers, ribbons, leather, lace…. Dress up like cupid or an angel or the devil? Wear all red or pink or your favorite Valentine’s day boxer shorts. Whatever shows everyone that you think Biking is for Lovers.
We ride with some rules and with a set route. That way, you can pick up the route when we are closest to where you are. Hop on and off the ride whenever you want! Just sit outside your abode, workplace, our favorite spot for libations and watch for us to ride on by. We’ll be the ones having a blast!
For the facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/476179375801762/
- All riders are welcome: all ages, all types of pedalcycles, all skill levels.
- Focus on respecting our fellow road users.
- Make friends pace with stops along the way to celebrate cycling, talk to each other, share riding tips, and learn about our city.
- We follow a planned route so you can hop into and out of the ride as you wish.
HOW WE RIDE:
- Stay in the right lane.
- Stop at red lights.
- Ride predictably and in control.
- Roll past conflict.
- Leave no trace.
- When in doubt, Bike Party!
Bike Party Route:
Map is here: